So, day 1 is over. A couple of quick thoughts.
– Bears taking Roquon is an A+ move for them.
– Lions taking Ragnow is a /shrug move for me. He’s VERY good, but I think he went too high. Interior lineman can be had later, and I have a hard time spending a first on them. He’s still good, and it was a position of need.
– Vikings taking Mike Hughes is interesting to me. He’s also short, and also has some injuries, and off the field issues. I think Hughes is a good corner, but 1st is a bit high for me. I hope it backfires because that defense is already too good.
– Chargers getting Derwin at #17
– Bills get Edmunds at #16
– Cardinals getting Rosen at #10 (My QB Rankings were Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, so getting a franchise QB at #10 is nice.
– Davenport at #14 to Saints (+ giving up a 1st round pick next year)
– Kolton Miller at #15 to the Raiders
– Seahawks taking Rashaad Penny in the 1st? Michel, Guice, RoJo, and Chubb are all better imho.
– Hayden Hurst at #25 is too high for me.
– Taven Bryan to the Jaguars. Wow, that defense is going to be CRAZY.
– DJ Moore to the Panthers.
– Both guys the Patriots took totally fit their team. They have the 2nd best offensive lineman who can play ALL o-line positions (but is probably too short to play T in the NFL), and a running back that matches what they do.
– Looks like the Falcons are going all-out on offense again. Just Wow. Adding fellow a Alabama stud WR with Julio? Falcons are the bizarro Jaguars.
– Ravens taking Lamar Jackson. I really like his game, and they can spend time to develop him. Also, you take him at the cheapest salary in the first round, but you still get the 5th year option. They have the most dynamic player and potentially their franchise future at the most important position. Solid move.
Interesting Players Left
– How did Derrius Guice not get selected?
– The best interior run blocker: Will Hernandez.
– Connor Williams is one of the few good OT’s, and it’s such a premium position
– James Daniels is a monster interior lineman.
– I didn’t feel Josh Jackson was a first rounder even though he had so much hype, but he was fringe and I expect him to go relatively quickly on day 2.
– HAROLD LANDRY: The best pure pass rusher didn’t get selected?
– The draft’s best “big receiver” Courtland Sutton
For our complete draft coverage, please visit our 2018 Draft Central page.